Calcethorpe And South Cadeby near Louth
These two historic sites are being managed without artificial inputs of fertiliser or sprays for the benefits of wildlife. Both the sites contain the well preserved remains of medieval villages. South Cadeby village was deserted around 1457, and Calcethorpe village was deserted in the 1660s.
The paths marked are open to the public for quiet countryside enjoyment. Please keep all dogs on a lead. The use of metal detectors or any form of excavation is prohibited on either of the village sites.