Duddo Estate near Berwick-Upon-Tweed
Duddo has a rich variety of prehistoric, medieval and post-medieval archaeological sites. The bridlepath leads to Duddo Four Stones, a 4000 year old Bronze Age stone circle cremation burial sit (footpath access only to the circle). Local names include ‘The Women’ The Singing Stones’.
The ruins of Duddo Tower are a prominent feature on crags south of the village. The tower was destroyed in 1496 by James IV of Scotland but repaired to give protection until the late 16th century.